Stand up for faith and freedom
Find out more about how you can help us stand up for faith and freedom here!
Religous freedom matters
Religious freedom matters both abroad and here and we need more people like you to be aware of the issues and the fact that it takes courage to be a Christian today.
According to Independent reports, 80 percent of acts of religious intolerance are against Christians – and around 150,000 Christians are killed around the world every year because of their faith.
We all need to stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters – for faith, the freedom to express it... and for Christ!
Listen to participants in our recent Night of Witness talking about why religious freedom matters
But what can we actually do?
Please pray for persecuted and suffering Christians. You might like to:
- Pray for a specific country in your parish or prayer group – why not request our prayer cards to help you?
- Join us in prayer at midday each day, or in praying the Rosary. You can listen to the prayers on our website
- Organise your own Night of Witness in your parish or prayer group. You can find out more and download prayer materials on our Night of Witness page
- Attend one of our pilgrimages or Masses in solidarity with suffering Christians – find out more on our Events page
- Offer a Mass for persecuted Christians. Your Mass stipend will support a poor priest in one of the countries where we work, who will celebrate Mass for your intentions
Please take time to inform yourself and others about the plight of Christians and the issue of religious freedom.
- Keep in touch with the latest news from the suffering Church, as well as key Aid to the Church in Need projects and campaigns, by signing up for our enewsletter. Please encourage others to do the same, too!
- Ask your friends and contacts to download their free copy of Christians and the Struggle for Religious Freedom, so that they can learn about the important issues the book deals with
- Learn more about countries where Christians suffer persecution by browsing our Country Profiles – which include videos, examples of persecution and key projects
- Attend one of our events about religious freedom
- Would you like to become a parish representative for Aid to the Church in Need? Contact our parish representatives coordinator to find out more!
It is important that we all help to raise the issue of religious freedom. Here's how you can help:
- Write to your MP asking the government to make religious freedom a diplomatic priority
- Help us support persecuted and suffering Christians by making a donation or a regular gift – don't forget to Gift Aid it if you can!
- Make a Gift of Faith on behalf of a friend or loved one. Your gift will help support our work and by sending one of our cards to the person you buy the gift for, you will be spreading the word about our work too!
- Why not get involved with fundraising for Aid to the Church in Need? Maybe you could take on a challenge event such as a fun run, or hold a fundraiser in your parish, There are plenty of ideas on our Get Involved pages